CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Aimsweb

The district that I work in is using Aimsweb this year for the bottom 25th percentile of students.  The first step to be completed was benchmarking our students.  This was really helpful to see if they were truly the lowest and we had a lot that were not.  After we completed that we then had to go back and find their instructional level.  That is the step that we are currently on.  After we complete that then we will determine groups for interventions and I will help the teachers write their intervention plans for the students.  This time of year is very busy for me :)  Getting RTI up and running every year takes a lot of my time, but in the end it's worth it.  How is RTI going in your building?  Any body else using Aimsweb this year and if you are tell what you think of it and how you use it in your builidng.  Off to benchmark some more :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around RTI the way my school district seems to have interpreted it. We are basically just doing accommodations so the kids can pass and not be put in special ed. I have voiced my opinion to my reading coach and principal that I think RTI is all about instruction, but they won't hear it. Please tell me how you and your school district has interpreted it-I'm in Alabama. I'll be reading more of your blog posts in the near future, but wanted to get your quick opinion. :)

    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We view RTI as a way to monitor our instruction. The monitoring tools we use tell us if our instruction with student is being effective or not. Aimsweb has been very valuable in doing this for us. We look at the data every other week to make those instructional decisions. You sound like YOU are on the right path. To make it work though it's really a team effort. Best of luck getting all on board with that change of thought.

    ReplyDelete