CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Writing Universal Screener

The past few weeks I have been working on my training for staff when we return to school.  I thought I could just have a refresher, but when I started looking at the changes I realized everyone would need to hear what I was saying.  So I tried to make an entertaining powerpoint presentation :)  Maybe that will keep them alert when they see all those pretty colored polka dots I added.  The next project I have been working on is the universal screener for writing.  We already have math and reading in place.  I pulled from many places and created a pretty teacher friendly Written Expression Curriculum Based Measure (CBM).  We will only be using this with first grade to fifth grade.  The areas we are going to focus on are total words written, correct spelling sequence, and correct writing sequence.  I think this will help us this year to narrow down our writing focus, which was kind of all over the place.  The other thing I had to research and pull together for this was the benchmarks so teachers would have an idea of what is grade level appropriate.  So as you can see I have been very busy.  I am also working on my back to school binders for the special education staff.  I am working on the common core content and writing an IEP.   What have you been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment