CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Taking it to the Streets

Song lyrics always seem to pop in my head when I am working so that may be theme for me :)  This blog is dedicated to all things Response to Intervention (RTI).  It is a work in progress, and will change based on questions and projects I am working on at the moment.  My goal is to make this a valuable resource for coaches and teachers and to assit with the implementation of RTI in their classroom.  Please feel free to ask me questions and I will answer the best I can regarding my experience with RTI.  So let's put our tray tables, buckle our seatbelts, and get this party started:)  Don't you feel my love for RTI??

I have spent the last four years working on Response to Intervention.  I feel like it has taken about 3 years for me to completly get a grasp of how to make it work.  This blog will look at how my school has went from understanding to implementing.  The big lesson I have learned is that for RTI to work properly it has to be reasonable and doable for teachers.  Is doable a word (sidebar)?  I feel that each year our school wide plan has become more doable and much more reasonable for teachers.   The question I have for you is which side does your school fall on now?  Reasonable and Doable I hope.  At this time I am working on streamling our forms for the upcoming school year. My motto this year is can it be done in the class and will the teachers throw rocks at me when we discuss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment